“America’ COVID Response Was Based on Lies” This is a Newsweek article, published today. In other words, a tactical ‘information’ release by some faction of our government. I’m not a student of the internal power struggles that characterize emerging oligarchies, so I have few thoughts on why, after three long years, an organ of the oligarchs is saying what every scientifically literate and non-terrified person was saying since April of 2020. Somebody perhaps wants to see certain people swinging from lamp posts, or at least fire a shot across the bow to keep opposing factions in line. Or maybe something else – but nothing gets published these days without getting run by some faction or other of the Ministry of Truth.
Here’s the list of lies from the article, along with some light commentary in italics. I could link back to articles here on this blog showing where I said pretty much the same damn things, but I’m beyond sick of this crap.
1. SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus has a far higher fatality rate than the flu by several orders of magnitude. The coof is bad cold level dangerous. People forget the common saying: “Catch your death of cold”. Old people – and the median age at death “from” Covid is around 80 – very commonly die from pneumonia, where a cold or flu settles into their lungs for keeps. The coof is no different, and no more dangerous.
2. Everyone is at significant risk to die from this virus. If you’re under 50 and reasonably healthy, you might as well worry about getting struck by lightening as dying of the coof. If you are reasonably healthy at ANY age, coof adds very little to your overal risk profile.
3. No one has any immunological protection, because this virus is completely new. The very concept of a “completely new” virus reveals complete ignorance of basic biology and logic.
4. Asymptomatic people are major drivers of the spread. Here is a classic reversal: rather than the people making a claim providing the evidence that their claim is true, they assume they are correct, and attempt to make people challenging the unsubstantiated claim provide the proof. No. The way it works: you want me to do or believe something? You convince ME. I don’t have to prove to you that asymptomatic people spread a disease – YOU need to prove to me that they do. But such transmission was conclusively presumed, and anyone who pointed out the utter lack of evidence that it was true was vilified.
5. Locking down—closing schools and businesses, confining people to their homes, stopping non-COVID medical care, and eliminating travel—will stop or eliminate the virus. Now we’re playing the game of pretending these brutal, totalitarian measures ‘worked’ in some vague sense, but certainly not the sense in which, you know, they slowed or stopped the spread of the virus.
6. Masks will protect everyone and stop the spread. Ignoring 100 years of studies and the experiences worldwide during the Spanish Flu, our betters produce the famous 70 studies within weeks all purporting to prove that masks slow the spread of the Coof, and vilifying anyone who dares disagree. Riiiiight.
7. The virus is known to be naturally occurring, and claiming it originated in a lab is a conspiracy theory. “Known to be” – how? How does one even go about proving such a thing?
8. Teachers are at especially high risk. Right. 80 year old teachers with cardiovascular failing in nursing homes, maybe.
9. COVID vaccines stop the spread of the infection. Too stupid to even address.
10. Immune protection only comes from a vaccine. Huh? Again, relying on the public’s complete ignorance of how immunity works.
And I’d add a Lie #11. More than 1 million American died from Covid. As Dr. Atlas more properly puts it: More than 1 million American deaths have been attributed to that virus. The processes by which they were so attributed guarantee that that number wildly overstates the true number of deaths *from* Covid versus deaths *with* Covid. Our CDC staunchly refused to collect and publish the data that would enable a reasonable person to determine how much the official death numbers overstate Covid deaths, but studies from other nations show something under 10% of attributed deaths were caused *by* Covid, as opposed to a person dying anyway but being diagnosed with Covid – such as the 50-60% of the Covid deaths that happened in nursing homes, where Americans go to die.
7 thoughts on “What’s Going on Here? Coof Madness Update”
I like how #3 and #7 directly contradict each other. Unless spontaneous generation is back on the biological menu.
So, a practical question. I get that you and I can say till we’re blue in the face that the denial of the sacraments to the faithful throughout Lent 2020 (and Easter – I still can’t get over that one) had no truthful justification, and no bishop will give us the time of day. But if a writer in Newsweek says it, does that mean we have a shot at public repentance and atonement? And, if so, what do we need to do to capitalize on it?
That’s the question. What’s going on now is dueling narratives: you can find rabid Branch Covidians calling for unvaccinated people to be burned at the stake; here in California, we still have to mask up to go into a hospital, see a doctor, visit people in a nursing home. The Cochran report on masks and the ineffectiveness thereof made zero dent. That some doctor managed to get his list published in Newsweek is simply going to bounce off the true believers. For whatever reason, almost all our bishops swallowed it whole. I wrote letters to each of our local bishops, offering to bring in some good, solid Catholic experts to counter the stupidity they were hearing. Nothing, nada, like a pebble in a pond, the ripples vanished, and it disappeared without a trace. That was back in 2020.
So some people might change their views. Based on the reactions of my true believer, friends and relatives, not many of them.
It is good to strategize. I will think about it, but unless more people start dropping dead in the streets, I can’t see anything that’s going to convince a lot of people.
Still waiting for an apology from the people who ridiculed and vilified me for having spoken the truth about covid and lockdowns and Fauci and masks and the clot shot and everything else…
Me too. I fear we will be waiting long, long time.
I’m not holding my breath.
And the current economic problems result from the lockdowns and shutting down the economy. I’m convinced the anti Trumpers deliberately burned down the world economy and deny prosperity just to get rid of him. The histrionics were just the means.